Friday, March 5, 2010

Dearest Daddy…

Here is something I wrote out of the inspiration I got from my dearest father, who’s heart is bigger than life itself…

Though I might age physically and mentally,

At heart I am still your little girl…

You have taught not only me but also to so many people out there to do good deeds,

The power of love,

The wonders of giving and sharing,

The miracle of forgiving,

The strength of being strong in what you believe in,

All of these you have entrenched in each of your beloved children.

You have taught us the real meaning of equality by loving your 5 children equally, with no less but always more.

You have always taught us to love not only our friends and family, but also to love the less fortunate…

You have taught us to care not only for those you love but also those in need even if you do not know them…

You have taught us good mannerism, the courtesy of speaking and treating younger or older,

You have taught us how to be a good listen and advise,

You have taught us not to be proud but humble,

Do not mock those who are unfortunate,

You have taught us hardness in life so that we would spend wisely,

You have taught us that though the obstacle may seem impossible to get by,

Do not forget your good God and do not forget that you are not alone,

When I am in times trouble,

You did not only hold me up and told me things will be okay again,

You will always say to me, “It’s ok girl, this is just a small thing, learn from your mistake and do better from here on.”

“It’s like putting a 5cents so near to your eye that you see it so big, but

if you take it and see it from a far, the 5cents will look small, it very well relates to your problems, look at your problems as an opportunity and you will be that wise one that sees your problem as a small pinch in life.”

You have taught us to smile though our days couldn’t get any greyer.

You taught us the meaning of living our lives to the fullest,

You have taught us that even in our midst of exams, that it is ok to take a break and have fun,

You have taught us so many valuable things in life that I am very much grateful and blessed for.

For all those times I faced the people who gives me hard time,

I think of you and wished I had your strength and your power of endurance,

In my whole life growing up under your watchful and loving eyes,

I still have a lot to learn from you…

Though how many times I thank you for everything you have done for me,

I cant never thank you enough in this lifetime,

Through the many fathers’ day and birthday cards I have given you,

It all contains different kind of thank you,

I am who I am today because of you,

You taught me that it is ok to be myself no matter what,

And for that,

I didn’t need to take long to find who I truly was because of you,

My friends love me, for who I am, thanks to you,

They come to me for advice because you have taught me how to listen, be there for them and give them advice in what I believe is right.

You and mum had did a great job in raising the 5 of us,

You raised us with infinite love and care and taught us to love one another,

Your 5 children are so close to each other because of your awesome parental guidance.

Every morning when we give our hugs and kisses to mum and the rest is one of the perfect example of your great achievement as the most extraordinary father in the universe.

I am proud to call you my dad and to be your daughter.

I would not trade you for the world but I’d like to share you with the world cause I believe you’ll make a big difference in this world

So I thank you again for everything you have done for me and given me.

I love you to the very core of my heart =D

Love Always,

Gloria .R. Chee

No comments:

Post a Comment